Door Ajar alert

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff1998

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone else had their rear hatch trigger the door ajar light all time?? It is driving me nuts, I finally just unhooked the sensor but the lights don't come on now when it is open. It is no big deal but with it hooked up the interior lights and running board lights stay on. Easy fix? Besides unhooking.

ShanePat

Reaction score
Similar problem

We just got a 1998, EB, 4.6 L (going to have CNG added to it and use for vacation or big crowd/load car.)

Today, the Door Ajar light didn't come on as usual... keeping the interior lights on for a while. BUT the interior lights won't go off. The running board lights shut off a minute or so after closing the door.

:confused:

OP
OP
J

jeff1998

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I looked on other sites and asked a mechanic. He said to spray WD 40 in all the door locks. The sensor gets gummed up and does not work. I did it and they have all worked for 2 weeks now.

ShanePat

Reaction score
I looked on other sites and asked a mechanic. He said to spray WD 40 in all the door locks. The sensor gets gummed up and does not work. I did it and they have all worked for 2 weeks now.

SWEET! Thanks, brother. Here it goes...
(10 minutes later)
Wow. Talk about instant gratification. No problems now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jeff1998

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My bro in law mechanic said to spray them often because if one does go all the way out they are a pain to change. It is the worst in cold weather it seems. I do not know if they freeze or just get all dirty but the WD does the trick. Glad it worked.