Starting problem! 1999

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

etsxp

Reaction score
Hey everyone im new to the site but not to new to fords lol. I have an 89 mustang gt that i know pretty much front and back. Anyway I'm working on my friends 99 expedition cause it has a starting problem which was clearly not the battery from symptoms she told me over txt earlier today. So her dad looked at it before he left town tonight and by arching the terminals on the starter solenoid he determined that it was more than likely a bad solenoid due to the fact that it ran the starter motor steadily multiple times and the other fact that the current solenoid was from the factory and 12 years old now. So after work I stopped by kragen and picked up a replacement and threw it in, in 30 min removal ( horrible placement on the lower mounting bolt i'n my opinion ford =P ) so after install we fired it up, turned over no problem although while it was running a faint grinding sound was heard clearly, sounded like the belt tension-er was going bad (100K plus miles on it not surprising on a semi late body ford haha). And it randomly died and wouldn't start back up , i I ran out of time to work on it tonight but tomorrow my plan is to scan the computer with my code reader around 8 pm . So ya any ideas help, thanks!