Flasher Relay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expeditious

Reaction score
2007 Where in the Sam Hell is the flasher module??? I can hear it but have yet to see it. It's not listed in the owners manual in the section that mentions fuses and relays... :confused:

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if there is one? The 09+ F150's don't have one, since the turn signal is controlled by the SJB. The clicking it "generated".

Normally, though, it used to be under the driver's side dash in the older model years (I think).

Why do you need to replace it?

OP
OP
E

Expeditious

Reaction score
Since I installed the switchback LED's in the front turn signal, I have a bad case of rapid flash...There are two fixes. The first involve's a new flasher module, the other involves adding a load resistor. I'd rather switch out the relay.

dtd07

Reaction score
not sure if you found the problem.
here is the location for the relay flasher for an 03-06
the relay box is just behind the headlight switch, you need to get on your back on the driver side and look up toward the headlight switch there is two relay it also has a "cap" covering it. has you can see from the picture I replace it with an LED flasher relay.
not sure for 07, but check anyway.

Attachments

• flasher relay.JPG
    flasher relay.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 12,721
OP
OP
E

Expeditious

Reaction score
not sure if you found the problem.
here is the location for the relay flasher for an 03-06
the relay box is just behind the headlight switch, you need to get on your back on the driver side and look up toward the headlight switch there is two relay it also has a "cap" covering it. has you can see from the picture I replace it with an LED flasher relay.
not sure for 07, but check anyway.

Thanks I'll check tomorrow. I haven't had time to mess with it, I've been extra busy lately.

OP
OP
E

Expeditious

Reaction score
Thanks I'll check tomorrow. I haven't had time to mess with it, I've been extra busy lately.

I didn't find the flasher relay but did find the source of the clicking. Unlike most vehicles where the clicking sound is produced by the flasher relay itself, in the 2007 Expedition the clicking sound eminates from a tiny speaker in the back of the cluster. So I will be installing the load resistors this weekend...

Attachments

• 2011-04-07Cluster speaker.jpg
    2011-04-07Cluster speaker.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1,559
Last edited:

ghettoracer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the flasher relay is anything like the other expeditions from 03-06 it would be on the underside of the driver's side on the right side like halfway up the dash. There should be a little box with a cover on it, the best way is to turn on your turn signal and feel for the ticks. But I had LEDs in my truck with the LED flasher and it works wonders because its a dual mode flasher, for your LED lighting and regular lighting. When I blew out my LEDs, I didnt have to change the flasher relay lol

Mrgood

Reaction score
S
Since I installed the switchback LED's in the front turn signal, I have a bad case of rapid flash...There are two fixes. The first involve's a new flasher module, the other involves adding a load resistor. I'd rather switch out the relay.
Same problem. I don’t know where is the flasher relay. You know the location??

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Gen3's and newer, the flash is handled by the circuit in the multi-switch ( turn signal switch ...) there on the steering column. No traditional flasher to be found. So if you switch to LED's you'll need the line resistors installed at each bulb socket.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni