Go Back   Ford Expedition Forum > Ford Expedition Forum > General Discussion

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

General Discussion

Leaking sunroof, need gasket/seal

This is a discussion on Leaking sunroof, need gasket/seal within the General Discussion forums, part of the Ford Expedition Forum category!
Register to remove these ads. It's free! Title says it all, I cant find a replacement anywhere online, does anyone ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2010, 09:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Full Access Members

Default Leaking sunroof, need gasket/seal

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
Title says it all, I cant find a replacement anywhere online, does anyone know a part number or where I can find a new one?
This is my boomstick! It's a 12-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan; retails for about 109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right, shop smart, shop S-Mart!
huklebuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 05:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Full Access Members

is the whole seal leaking or is it just one location? you could just pick up a tube of sealant from autozone to fix the one area if you can...

01 EB. 4" Rancho Lift. 35" Nitto AT on 18x9 KMC. Warn hidden winch mount with XRC8000 winch.
nvycrmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

Full Access Members

Typically the seals are not completely watertight, that's why there are drains inside the channel. Are you sure it's not that the drains are clogged?

2006 EB
Stoned06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:04 AM   #4 (permalink)

Check the channels to see if they are cracked, thats what happened to mine after my friend ran over my roof.
Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 03:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Full Access Members

No, I can see daylight through the seal. I disagree that the seal isnt made to be water tight. I can see that the drain tubes are there in case it leaks, but it shouldn't always just let water in. This is a fairly recent problem that I fixed with good ole' duct tape. I would use silicone but I actually use my sunroof which is why its leaking no doubt. However I did find a new seal from parts.com haven't put it in yet. Will post when it goes in.
This is my boomstick! It's a 12-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan; retails for about 109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right, shop smart, shop S-Mart!
Old 10-28-2010, 07:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Full Access Members

yeha let me know cuz i need to replace mine as well. you stationed in 29 stumps?

01 EB. 4" Rancho Lift. 35" Nitto AT on 18x9 KMC. Warn hidden winch mount with XRC8000 winch.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Full Access Members

No I'm now at Lejeune, I gotta update my profile.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Full Access Members

Replaced the seal. It only took about an hour and a half, didn't even have to take the sunroof off, just raised it up. Can't see daylight anymore, looks like a good seal. We will see how it holds up when it rains.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Full Access Members

you get any rain yet cuz its rainin here and i need a new seal. that sux you are at lejeune. not sure which is worse! i was stationed there before i came out here. at least there is a little more to see in lejeune! hahah

Old 11-22-2010, 09:36 AM   #10 (permalink)
Full Access Members

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
I'll take lejeune over the stumps any day. No rain yet, but I could see daylight before I put the new seal in, and I can't anymore and it looks like its got a nice tight fit all around and it sounds better when it seats so I'm guessing that fixed it. Will let you know when it rains for sure.