starting problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

I am having a problem with starting my 2000 Expedition after it sits for at least 3 hours. It cranks longer before starting. (more than 5 seconds) I had it to the dealer two weeks ago & they said it was the battery which they replaced. But obviously it was not.
After contacting the dealer letting them know I still have the problem they told me to turn the key to accessory for about 3 seconds , then shut off, and then turn on & it works fine most of the time.
It is going back to the dealer again & they said they would run some tests on the fuel line/fuel regulator.
Has anybody else had this problem & if so how did they fix it.

OP
OP
G

does sound fuel related. Seems like you aren't getting enough pressure. Try changing your fuel filter and if that doesn't work it may be the intank pump.

jmacioci

Reaction score
Same problem with hard starting

I have the same problem with my 03 expy with a 5.4 engine. There are also other posts that describe the starting problem and also rough idling.

Has the problem been resolved and do you feel it is related to fuel delivery ?

stan750rr

Reaction score
I'm also having the hard start problem.I plan to make an appoinment for that and the mirrors that decide to move every once in a while on there own.