Headlight Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaverikDS

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Remo, did you and if so how did the HID conversion go? I was thinking about doing an HID kit also and someone said to be carefull of the bi xenon kits because the actuators can be sub-par. I still am thinking about it and want something brighter also. I have seen so many kits around but don't know which one is the best or know any feedback on them.

I replaced my headlights with silverstar bulbs that are a little better, but I'm still wanting xenon's in there. I really like them on my other car and with the height of the expo it seems as if they would just light up everything very nicely.

OP
OP
R

Remo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No, I'm still running the stock halogens. They are doing okay for now, I guess. I just don't have the time/money right now to upgrade and I still haven't really decided what would be the best upgrade for me.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i had the euordezigns lights also. i put in hid 8500k but still have my eurodezigns hi and fog lights. my hid are way brighter and worth every penny.

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i had the euordezigns lights also. i put in hid 8500k but still have my eurodezigns hi and fog lights. my hid are way brighter and worth every penny.

thread is more than a year ago but worth to resurrect.

+1 on the HIDs. I have 6000K on Harley clear lamps

OP
OP
R

Remo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, this thread is really old...but I STILL haven't solved my problem.

I just haven't been willing to take a chance with my time and money to only be unsatisfied.

It would be a HUGE help if you guys could post some pictures of your trucks at night with the headlights/foglights on--preferably pointing at a bare wall from 20 to 50 feet. Also, say what you have for headlight housings/bulbs.

Then, I could get an idea of what kind of output/cutoff to expect. Thanks in advance if you put up some pictures!

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
will try and post pics by next week. im away from expy right now but will take pics hopefully this weekend.

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, this thread is really old...but I STILL haven't solved my problem.

I just haven't been willing to take a chance with my time and money to only be unsatisfied.

It would be a HUGE help if you guys could post some pictures of your trucks at night with the headlights/foglights on--preferably pointing at a bare wall from 20 to 50 feet. Also, say what you have for headlight housings/bulbs.

Then, I could get an idea of what kind of output/cutoff to expect. Thanks in advance if you put up some pictures!

I have a crappy camera, but I will see how it goes.

Unfortunately I didnt try the HIDs with the stock lamps. I put in the clear lamps when I put in HIDs. Noticed there are blackspots on the road and there is a bit of upward glare.

I adddressed that by tipping the headlights down a bit by adjusting the lower screws mounts.

Get HIDs - difference is night and day

seeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thought i would throw in my two cents here. First of all the police in my area will pull you over for hids that are non oem. The oem hid lights have an auto leveling function that helps keep the glare down for on coming traffic. The police refer to them as high income devices. My 2002 has the 9007 style bulb. I also run a pair of 55watt driving lights mounted low and center (considered legal here) that come on when i turn on the headlights. This works well for me.
I have been looking around on the net for better options for my situation. Ran into this that may help you search as well.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=231144
http://store.candlepower.com/bfcopo90hbpo1.html

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hid

here are pics of my hid as well as with my eurodezign high beams. as for what seeker says. they are illegal if they are not oem. here in LA the cops usually wont pull you over for the lights alone but if they pull you over they tend to write you up for most of the illegal stuff in/on truck.

the pics are 1st hids 2nd pic of front of truck with hid and fogs fogs are eurodezign high beam bulbs 3rd is hids and highs 4th is highs alone

Attachments

• expy lights 011.jpg
    expy lights 011.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 232
  • expy lights 016.jpg
    expy lights 016.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 249
  • expy lights 013.jpg
    expy lights 013.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 260
  • expy lights 014.jpg
    expy lights 014.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 273

97_edition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
here are pics of my hid as well as with my eurodezign high beams. as for what seeker says. they are illegal if they are not oem. here in LA the cops usually wont pull you over for the lights alone but if they pull you over they tend to write you up for most of the illegal stuff in/on truck.

the pics are 1st hids 2nd pic of front of truck with hid and fogs fogs are eurodezign high beam bulbs 3rd is hids and highs 4th is highs alone

Sorry to update an older thread but I have some questions regarding headlights and fogs. I posted a question in the Stereo and Electronics section about my switch concerns.

Tallsville, How are you able to run hids and highs "3rd is hids and highs"? Can you specify your setup? I am looking into installing HIDs and Fog lights neither are OEM. My main issue is that I still need my high beams for the deer that travel the roads here in PA and haven't seen too may bi-xenon setups that were that bright.

I want to get it right the first time and your setup looks great.
Thanks,