overhead console Help??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlose9

Reaction score
Hello,

I had just bought a 97 Expedition eddie bauer and the overhead console "information center" showes the miles per gallon, miles till empty and another miles per gallon related display. From what I understand it is supost to have a compass and the outside temp display as well but I can't get it to work. I tryed the steps that are in the owners manual and it dosn't work. I can't even get the words to come up in the display. Can any one help?? Thanks

ViperXC

Reaction score
I have the same vehicle and the same issue. I haven't looked into it much yet but it would be nice to get it working. I will post if I find a solution.

hardlife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'll have to seach for it but there is a cold solder joint on one of the resistors on the board... resistor 501 keeps popping in my head. Will let you know if I find it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dlose9

Reaction score
Thanks for the response but my display still works but I can't get the compass and the temp guage to work. Do you have any other ideas? I tryed to do the steps in the book but still no luck. I can't get the display to say anything.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiev