Double din help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chrismdean09

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Im trying to a put a new deck in my 2004 eddie bauer but I can not find a harness that plugs into the stock wring harness. Help !!!!

OP
OP
C

Chrismdean09

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Every Harness

I have tried Metra, schoche and axxess and pac and none of them have the right one. I have the premium sound system which means its not that great!! but ford said f--u were using a completely different harness

PaisanNYC

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Which after market HU are you installing? You said double din, is it a Navi unit? What brand and model?

OP
OP
C

Chrismdean09

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pioneer avic x920 bt I have the premium sounds system from ford with a navi unit it and a cd changer. All i want is the new one in dont care about keeping steering wheel controls or anything liek taht just want the new deck in

PaisanNYC

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had a 2004 XLT and had an AVIC-N3 installed into it. My friend, a professional installer (not for the chain stores), had to solder into the wires because there was no direct harness back then. I can ask him if anything changed since then. I dont think you will get to keep the CD Changer either if you install the x920BT.

OP
OP
C

Chrismdean09

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thats completely fine and if he has a diagram for what wires are what and where they go aka the pin outs for the the original harness that would be great. PS. the CD changer is garbage

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can get a wire harness from crutchfield...u can check ebay...but u should be able to get it from a local audio store...