2017 Limited EL Middle Seat, Middle Row, Car seat Tether Anchor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caspian27

Reaction score
Any parents out there that have experience installing a car seat tether onto the oddly-shaped tether anchor in the bottom corner of the seat? I can’t seem to get my tether latch to go around the flat part of the metal loop. Has anyone attached something to that anchor that they can attach the tether latch to?

Thanks for any advice.

C
82FF8464-D176-4F19-AEFF-DA781BC5B6EF.png

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any parents out there that have experience installing a car seat tether onto the oddly-shaped tether anchor in the bottom corner of the seat? I can’t seem to get my tether latch to go around the flat part of the metal loop. Has anyone attached something to that anchor that they can attach the tether latch to?

Thanks for any advice.

C
View attachment 69064

I have a 2015 Ford Expedition Limited with the second row bench seats, and the same bracket you have.

I have installed Graco brand child car seats with the Latch rear tether attached to the upper portion of the bracket show and circled (middle seating position).

I would turn the tether latch upside down, push the spring latch in, hook it to the top, horizontal portion - and rotate the connector upright. It is awkward, but can be done. My owner’s manual has illustrations on how to snap the tether connector onto the lower anchor, such as I’m trying to describe, but - it only show the outboard seats. It does show the bracket you pictured, but not how to snap the connector on to it.

After buying the Expedtion, I realized how difficult it is to install child car seats in the second row, using the Latch system. If you want to install three car seats in the second row, you must climb into the rear area, raise the third seat sections one at a time, and attach the Latch tether strap.

Ford did a very poor job of the usability of this design. I use car seats for grandchildren and it is difficult for me to climb into the third row section from the rear, although when installing the first two - you can flip one second row outboard seat forward and climb into the rear.

OP
OP
C

caspian27

Reaction score
So I was able to get the anchor on as you described but I don’t think I’ll ever be able to get it off again! That metal spring is a real bear!