2nd gen vibrations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dano

Reaction score
My 05 Expy developed this vibration which seems to be coming from the front end. It comes into play at about 40-45 mph and goes away at higher speed. This thing has 205,000 miles. I'd like to think its the tires, as they are approaching the end of their usable life. Something else tells me it could be a CV joint or U-Joint. If anyone has any other suggestions, please feel free to chime in.

OP
OP
D

dano

Reaction score
I was just looking around as to where to post stuff for sale on this forum, and I believe I found it, but it says I do not have enough privileges to post there. Whats up wit dat?

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was just looking around as to where to post stuff for sale on this forum, and I believe I found it, but it says I do not have enough privileges to post there. Whats up wit dat?
This is the header of the classified section,

Ford Expedition Classifieds Forum​

Buy or sell your Ford Expedition parts or SUV here! - You will need at least 100 posts and be registered here for at least 180 days to post a new thread in the classifieds.

SafariGoneWrong

Reaction score
Assuming it’s 4WD… Probably not a CV joint as the front half shafts shouldn’t be turning, unless the Integrated Wheel Ends (IWEs) are engaged due to a failure of some sort. If the ball joints are original, check them and every other attachment, including upper and lower control arm bushings. Also tie rod ends. I have General Grabber HTS on my 06 and they cause vibrations above 80mph. I had the same on my Bronco and it’s vibration was markedly worse, went away after putting on Coopers…

OP
OP
D

dano

Reaction score
I will have to check the control arm bushings. The vibration does not affect the steering, you can just feel it in the steering wheel, foot pedals, and just all round in the front of the truck. I have Cooper AT3's on mine (4yers now) I absolutely love them.

GaryH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've experienced the same sort of vibrations at steady speeds of 45-50 mph. Not just a subtle vibration, but enough to make you think "what the hell". In my case it felt like the transmission was maybe going in and out of lock up mode quickly. It only happened a couple of times and that was a while back.