70mph + vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Alright been trying to narrow this problem down . So far done alignment balance and road force balance and front rotors and pads with no luck A buddy of mine owns a tire shop about an hour away so I made the drive out there since he was willing to try some Goodyears on it to see if tires were the culprit . Well NO Luck !
Next up is rear driveshaft.(will possible remove front driveshaft first to see if that’s the problem) Sitting at 62k hope that solves the vibration issue. If not off to the stealership it’s goes.
Another common culprit, especially with newer Expeditions is someone may have used flat tire sealant in the tires. The goop tends to rest in one spot, causing an out of balance similar to a chunk of mud that dried after off road travel. Since you are dealing with used tires, you may have a tire that has thrown a belt. If on the back you will experience a body shimmy. As far as tire suggestion, after purchasing many tires for my personal and business vehicles, I only use Michelin Defenders. They last forever and offer a smooth ride.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
expresspedition