Calibrate front bumper corner parking sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nick22t

Reaction score
I have aftermarket 22” wheels installed on our 2019 expedition which I believe at 18” from the factory. The two front bumper corner parking sensors “see” the tires when going in and out of our garage or parking spacing. Is there a way to calibrate these sensors to solve this problem? I tried ranch hand sensors cover stickers but that didn’t work.. it caused the system to say sensors block immediately when starting the vehicle which then deactivates them.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have aftermarket 22” wheels installed on our 2019 expedition which I believe at 18” from the factory. The two front bumper corner parking sensors “see” the tires when going in and out of our garage or parking spacing. Is there a way to calibrate these sensors to solve this problem? I tried ranch hand sensors cover stickers but that didn’t work.. it caused the system to say sensors block immediately when starting the vehicle which then deactivates them.
What?
22” wheels are the diameter of the rim. The stock 18” is just a different diameter.
You can have the same outer circumference with a different tire and wheel combination.
I’m assuming you have offset wheels and they must stick out. Even then the sensors have a field of view, so I’m guessing you have a misaligned sensor and need to reseat it.

OP
OP
N

nick22t

Reaction score
I understand what you’re saying that even though we have an upgraded wheel size of 22” that the overall outer circumference of the tire should be the same or close to the factory 18”.. we don’t have offsets or spaces so the wheels don’t stick out. When we’re pulling into our garage or a parking space with the steering wheel turned sharp the parking alarm starts sounding off and the screen shows the front corner sensor as the culprit (does this for both sides)