first road trip in my '10 Expy w/a trailer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rick chitown

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey guys, just thought I'd throw this out there... I had to go pick up one of my trailers today about an hour away. I'm not sure how much it weighs, but its a 6x12 double axle shell trailer that if I had to guess, weighs probably less than 4k lbs. It's got a re-inforced floor to handle alot of weight when loaded, and insulated walls.
I just got a 2010 ltd that replaced an '05 eddie bauer, and with the '10 it says its got "trailer sway control" or something like that. Sounds like marketing hype to me, as the '05 pulled any of my trailers all day long. Well, I'm here to tell you, its not marketing hype, this thing pulled it for the hour drive at about 75-80 effortlessly. I mean, I knew it was there, but barely! A couple different times, over bumps got that "white knuckle, whoa" feeling, looked in the mirror, and was just fine!
Something to be said for technology...

TheFuzz

Reaction score
Thanks for the real-world example. Nice to hear that it's not just a marketing gimmick.