Ford and Carfax scam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Woodwolf

Reaction score
I traded my 2018 Expedition XLT for a 2023 Platinum Expedition. The dealership then posted my 2018 for sale withe a carfax report that shows my maintenance history but none of my repair history all done at 3 different Ford dealerships.
1. Cam Phaser
2. 2 new sync screens
3.speed sensor
4. 3 shocks
5.2 usb port failures
Makes you wonder if Ford does not report to Carfax because all the issues w/b exposed
Same here in Canada, nothing is reported in service history after I bought my used 2019. However Ford “maintenance” visits where reported on Car fax without any details, but not my cam phaser repair I had performed after purchase. The Canadian Ford app also does not show any history at all and also does not allow for documenting your own services performed .

tacoduck

Reaction score
I traded my 2018 Expedition XLT for a 2023 Platinum Expedition. The dealership then posted my 2018 for sale withe a carfax report that shows my maintenance history but none of my repair history all done at 3 different Ford dealerships.
1. Cam Phaser
2. 2 new sync screens
3.speed sensor
4. 3 shocks
5.2 usb port failures
Makes you wonder if Ford does not report to Carfax because all the issues w/b exposed
I’m more interested why you bought the same truck with the same engine after all the issues you had with the prior model. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m more interested why you bought the same truck with the same engine after all the issues you had with the prior model. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.
"You can't fool me twice"

haviland

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought my '22 Expy a year old with 13k on the clock. The only serious issue I knew about was the cam phasers. I called the dealership and they reported there was no work done on the cam phasers on that vehicle. I've been very pleased with the vehicle so far.

I traded in my 2017 Expedition with 54,000 miles to Carfax. They offered what I consider to be a decent price so I agreed. After it was over, I realized I could have sold them a vehicle that had serious issues rather than my vehicle which was in excellent shape. They would have given me the same price that they quoted originally.

My one experience with Carfax was pretty darn good.

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can this be done ONLINE? Anybody knows?
You can pull a CARFAX online. You can pull an Autocheck too. Another one I've used is BADVIN. Think they're 9 bucks, but they give some good info too, including sales info.

I would go to your local store to ask for Manufacturer info. You'll probably have a better experience. Some dealers will give you a copy of the info, some won't.

As an interested buyer, they should provide you with a carfax or similar, and if they are selling their own brand, they might provide VIN info. They could email all that to you too.