Moving on....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Password

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Probably a blown shock/strut. All 4 shocks went bad in the first 30,000 on mine. Clunking was the first symptom
Any idea how I can get the dealer to acknowledge the noise is a blown shock? Or better yet, how do I determine if it's a blown shock? I have the CCD system.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I totally get it. Got rid of my modded 2016 EL as well. After I replaced both front hubs to get rid of the grinding noises the truck started making a horrible noise coming from the rear end. At that point I decided to let it go. I’m all over the place between work/ personal travel. Had just under 230k miles on her.

Already miss the cavernous interior, power from my mods, and the bigger fuel tank. The 2024 Ram I picked up with the Hemi has excellent naturally aspirated power out the box. No mods in store for this one as I purchased the free service plan that takes care of scheduled maintenance, wear/ tear, and damaged items due to failure. I.e., wheel and tire replacement due to failed tire that causes wheel damage, for example. Only have a 26-28 gallon fuel tank. Not totally mad because it costs less than filling up a 33-34 gallon tank with premium fuel (used 93oct due to tuning). Quite a bit of difference between 87 and 93oct price wise.

Ownership was fun. I loved my Expedition. Had a few shortcomings. Oh well… I’ll still be hanging around to keep on what’s going on.
Sounds like me, I very much enjoyed both my 3rd gens and still log in here and there. However, my 2023 F-150 with the 5.0L V8 has been so much more fun, 400 HP/410 lb ft of torque and she shifts at 6,800 rpm in sport mode. The new 5.0 is more of a T-Rex and the 5.4 was more of an Mammoth. The 5.4 was relaxed and composed, the 5.0 roars and blows off tires, and shifts very aggressively in sport mode. Vastly different experiences but I enjoy the aggressiveness and raw power/sound of the newer V8. The 5.4 was kind of “meh”.

I miss the 3rd row, the winter handling, and ride of the Expedition though. The IRS was very well mannered on road. Overall no bad things to say about the expedition (other than that msrp lol).