Performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DF5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Small skewl buses don't get good gas mileage, thats all.

I ran the XS program in mine for a week. For normal running around I hated it. No power, transmission doesn't feel like is shifting at the right place. My MPG didn't improve since I was keeping the throttle opened longer. I actually get better MPG with the 87 octane program.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i lay off the gas when running the XS program...thats the purpose...about every half mile or quarter mile theres a stop light...why gun it to the next light to stop...i can go monday to the following wednesday on the XS program...87 performance monday - saturday...4 more days in city driving back...back and forth to work...small errands...87 performance is great...feel the power...but i'll fill up every week vs every 1 1/2 wks...

Scottyg45

Reaction score
I Heard talk of regearing.... NE one done this on a 3rd gen, and if so were's a good place to get the gears. I plan on doing the 3/2 lift with 35"s and was thinking that little bigger gear might be a good idea, but also theres plenty motor there to pull 35"s. Dont do a whole lot of offroading, but will be doing some dunes with the truck off of Lake Michigan