Rattle In Dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigblack

Reaction score
I have developed a very annoying rattle in the dash behind the glove compartment. The weird thing is sometimes it doesn't do it, then other times it rattles like crazy as soon as you start moving. Any insight? And yes....I checked....it's not something in the glove compartment. (2011 Limited)

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
all i can say is something is loose or has fallen behind there and u cant see it

OP
OP
bigblack

bigblack

Reaction score
Spent all day in there and can't find a thing! It think something is rubbing. I noticed it only does it on cold days and/or after driving with the A/c on for 15min or so. Shoved a bunch of foam in there and nothing helped. Also, it only does it on straight aways. If you are turning or going around a bend, it doesn't do it. Something must flex enough that it doesn't touch.

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have one too but I just punch the dash and it goes away. My wife thinks I have problems bc she sits in the back with the baby and doesnt hear the rattle just sees me punching the dash

OP
OP
bigblack

bigblack

Reaction score
Tried that too....didn't work. Where are you punching it?

OP
OP
bigblack

bigblack

Reaction score
I read something in one of the F150 forums about metal on the dash support rubbing the firewall. Dealers had to take the dash out and grind some metal away. I just hate to have them ripping the dash apart.