some expys we did at work.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the place i work for does truck upfitting for alot of company's in the oil feilds here in AK. one of those companys is BP, mostly installing custom cold weather pkgs which include but are not limited to. door limit straps, tranny/oil pan heaters, breaker box that ties the block heater, pan heaters, battery heaters all together, cold winter fronts, light force lights, seat covers and anything else they want to throw into the mix.

anyhow i found some of the pics and thought i would share.

005-31.jpg
004-30.jpg
002-40.jpg

070-1.jpg
071.jpg

we also do alot of f-150, super dutys and 4x4 E350s for them.
005-5.jpg
012-3.jpg
046-1.jpg
004-27.jpg
001-28.jpg

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thats really cool! and whats up with light force lights? nothin against them. but they are pretty dam $$. and all i see up there in light force. haha

OP
OP
alaskanexpy

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
those light forces are awesome. you can focus the light like a mag light, so twist the housing in/out gives you a pencil beam or fog type beam or anything in between..i want a set i just cant justify the cost right now...maybe later on.

the other thing we do is swap out the coolant for -100F mix along with all synthetic fluids for the crazy cold temps they will see on the north slope of Alaska.

VTfireftr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Where do you get the winter fronts from?

I want to get one fro my 2008.

Marc

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think its a requirement for AK residents to have "lightforce" lights.... everyone had them but I thought they would be cheaper up there but I was wrong cuz I really want a set

OP
OP
alaskanexpy

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the winter fronts were custom made by Alaska tent and tarp(think i got there name right) they come out and make a template and then make whatever we need. i'll tell you its not fun drilling into the front of a brand new truck!

dj2big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Congrats on your job looks to be interesting fun and never a dull moment.
What do you recommend for winter? Im in the Chicago area. Something consumer friendly that will protect my Expy on those sub 0 nights?

the place i work for does truck upfitting for alot of company's in the oil feilds here in AK. one of those companys is BP, mostly installing custom cold weather pkgs which include but are not limited to. door limit straps, tranny/oil pan heaters, breaker box that ties the block heater, pan heaters, battery heaters all together, cold winter fronts, light force lights, seat covers and anything else they want to throw into the mix.

anyhow i found some of the pics and thought i would share.

005-31.jpg
004-30.jpg
002-40.jpg

070-1.jpg
071.jpg

we also do alot of f-150, super dutys and 4x4 E350s for them.
005-5.jpg
012-3.jpg
046-1.jpg
004-27.jpg
001-28.jpg

Madmaxwell87

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I see alot of stock looking tires. I would think they'd atleast have more ice/snow friendly tires. Is that done latter/elsewhere?

OP
OP
alaskanexpy

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
naw they run stock tires till they wear out. its pretty much flat as hell up on the north slope so the only issues you'll run into is if you go in the ditch or stuck in a snow drift.

best thing for a stock truck in sub zero temps is plug it in. it does help.