Theft prevention

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skipperG

Reaction score
I thought my 2021 Expedition couldn’t be stolen. Is there an anti-theft measure I should be aware of and incorporating? Thanks for guidance.

apex96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure why someone would think an expedition couldn’t be stolen. If a thief is motivated enough, your vehicle will become theirs. Anything you want to add would just be another deterrent on top of the factory theft deterrents already in the vehicle.

You can place a master switch on the power cable running to the fuel pump. No fuel no start. Would be a good deterrent but doesn’t guarantee that a chop shop won’t employ a flat decked wrecker and slide blocks to take it…

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Any vehicle can be stolen…period. Like @apex96 said above you are just increasing the trouble and work it takes. Biggest deterrent most of the time is where the vehicle is parked. In a regularly monitored location that is well lit.