03 Expedition with a evap leak and installed a new gas filler neck and fuel filter and found a loose hose back near the ffiller neck!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thunderbolt059

Reaction score
The hose is fairly large and one end is attached to a box sitting above the spare tire well! It has a four pronged connection on it but I cannot find where this is supposed to go! Any ideas would be extremely appreciated!

whtbronco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of off hand is that it goes to the vapor canister. The vapor canister is mounted above the spare tire on top of a plate. Here's a pic of a replacement so you'll have an idea of what you're looking for.

1722089585319.png

Broncoholic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The hose is fairly large and one end is attached to a box sitting above the spare tire well! It has a four pronged connection on it but I cannot find where this is supposed to go! Any ideas would be extremely appreciated!
I recall going down this rabbit hole before and it's a vent hose. I don't remember exactly what for though. It was tapped or zip-tied against the filter hose, right?