03 Ford Expedition Brake sticking???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jayrock65

Reaction score
2003 Expedition front left brake keeps sticking but doesnt do it all the time. I changed the pads, the hardware, bled the brakes and greased the bolts. I'm stuck with what else I could do. I was going to rebuild the caliper but then was advised to buy a new one. way cheaper to rebuild. If anyone has had this problem or any thoughts that would be heplful.

joezek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've seen this problem before on other vehicles. It was caused each time by a cracked piston inside the caliper. The piston is usually able to be purchased in some sort of rebuild kit. When the piston is cracked it doesn't move freely and will also expand when you step on the brakes, causing it to jam up.

RAWPWR

Reaction score
after 3months of aggravation I was able to solve my 04 right front "sticking" brake issue. original plus 2 replacement calipers later . the rubber brake line was the cause on my intermittent sticking. what should have been a clue right away was when the line was disconnected off the caliper, it DID NOT leak much brake fluid. I thought that maybe it was because of antilock/traction control. once I installed the new line, brake fluid was running right through the line... so rubber brake line, even though they look great on the outside, can be BAD on the inside....