2007 Expedition Radiator. Don't know how to pick replacement radiator. Help please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EVNIXON

Reaction score
I have a busted radiator on my 2007 Expedition EL Limited. I do not know how to go about getting an exact match on the radiator replacement. Tow vs No Tow. Do not know if I have tow or not. It has the square thingy where one can install a tow ball and a plug next to it. Would that be the tow package? Also, who would have the best quality radiator out there based on your personal experience. I would appreciate any help you can give me. This is my first post since I became a member some years back. Posts here have been useful to me. I appreciate this forum very much. Thank you for what you all do!!

OP
OP
E

EVNIXON

Reaction score
Yes babycritter. Thank you! I am exploring options online and local stores as well.

ediddily

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like you have a tow package. Measure the thickness of the core as there is a difference. 7/8" vs 1-1/4" thick. If you tow with the 7/8" you'll blow it like I did. I originally had the 1-1/4" and didn't realize I put the smaller one in. Had to replace it again with the 1-1/4" and now I want a thicker one as I just wasted my water pump. The Mexican version of the car comes with a 2-1/4" thick one but may not fit. Spectra Radiator makes the 2-1/4" one but not sure if its compatible. I sent an inquiry but no response yet.