2008 Ford Expedition TSB on lower gear down shifting clunk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ptoliver

Reaction score
My 2008 EL 4x4 with 114K miles has the down shifting clunk to 2nd and 1st gear during braking problem. It happens at 10 mph or less. I had the TSB upgrade program downloaded to upgrade the electronic shifting and it helped a little but still clunks into 2nd and 1st.

The Megatronic's servo unit replacement for the 6R75 transmission is around $1700 and the transmission does not have to be removed. The Ford dealer indicated you might as well replace the transmission. I have been told it is a German transmission with Adaptive Driver Memory. Any advise would be appreciated. I did not expect transmission problems at this mileage from a Ford Truck. I have been driving Ford trucks since 1974.

Any advise would be great.

thehunterofshadow

Reaction score
My 2008 EL 4x4 with 114K miles has the down shifting clunk to 2nd and 1st gear during braking problem. It happens at 10 mph or less. I had the TSB upgrade program downloaded to upgrade the electronic shifting and it helped a little but still clunks into 2nd and 1st.

The Megatronic's servo unit replacement for the 6R75 transmission is around $1700 and the transmission does not have to be removed. The Ford dealer indicated you might as well replace the transmission. I have been told it is a German transmission with Adaptive Driver Memory. Any advise would be appreciated. I did not expect transmission problems at this mileage from a Ford Truck. I have been driving Ford trucks since 1974.

Any advise would be great.
Super old post, but if you don't mind, what did you end up doing?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgoodemoot