2011 Remote Start w/ LED Interior Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJexpy

Reaction score
Took the expy in to the dealer yesterday to have the remote start looked at. I am recieving 3 beeps when I try to start which indicates a door is open, no doors are open.

Dealer said issue was due to the interior lights being switched out to LED lights which will continually put a slight amount of current on the circuit adn the fix is to go back to stock bulbs. OK, but I want to keep my LED lights :bawl:

I read up on a few docs from codesystems' site, anyone know if disabling the engine stop when door is opened feature would stop it from checking if all doors are closed prior to starting the engine? Or, anyone know if I cut that wire in the harness (purple / green if I remember what I read earlier) that would bypass the door ajar check and allow me to keep the interior lights as LED and have a functioning remote starter?

Thanks!

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do you have ebay LEDs or did you buy from somewhere like V-LEDs or some other site?

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you swap them back to the original bulbs to see if that was the problem?

OP
OP
N

NJexpy

Reaction score
I haven't swapped back yet - need to dig the old ones out still - but removed all LEDs last week and gave it a try and still same 3 beeps for door ajar.

I can't remember exactly which wire, but I wired my V1 into something by the front map lights / moon roof. With the V1 off still no go on the remote start, 3 beeps as if a door was open so I was hoping to just bypass that check completely.

OP
OP
N

NJexpy

Reaction score
Yes, thanks. That was the feature I was referring to in the original post. I am not sure that disabling the stop engine when a door is opened will help since I can't get the engine to start. I was debating about going that route anyway as a test, but was hoping someone knew before I did it.

RainMaker

Reaction score
I know this is almost a year old, but I am having the same problem in mine after replacing all interior bulbs with LEDs. Anybody have any luck finding a solution?