2017 Expy Rear Camera Dynamic Guidelines Misaligned

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

errol5291

Reaction score
Hi All,

My rear camera started showing the blue screen and "camera not available" message. I took it to the dealer and they said the camera needed to be replaced, but they wanted more than $500 and I decided to do it myself. I replaced the camera and it works fine. Here's the situation:

1 - I now have the dynamic reversing guidelines. It never did until the camera was replaced, and I don't have the option to turn them off on the Sync menu. I think it's Settings | Vehicle | Camera then the option.
2 - The guidelines are badly misaligned right after starting the vehicle. They are all the way to one side. However, it seems that it fixes itself after driving a few miles, but then is misaligned again after turning it off.

I did do the camera recalibration using FORScan Lite on my iPhone but that didn't work. I've also disconnected the battery and let it set with the door open for 15 minutes. Since then I've done a lot of reading about the Steering Angle Sensor possibly being used to control the lines. I've tried the "turn the wheel right until it locks, then left until it locks three times then turn the vehicle off" method to try to recalibrate that sensor but I'm doubting it should work at all.

I'd like to either aligned the guilides correctly or just turn them off altogether. Any and all advice would be appreciated.

Help! Thanks in advance!