2018 limited SRS aftwr changing seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sanyak90

Reaction score
Hi all. New to the forum. Have a new to me 2018 max limited. I bought it cheap because it had an interior fire on the middle row seat. Basically smoked out the interior but didn't damage anything other than sunroof, roof and seat. Being that it was completely smoked out, I changed the ENTIRE interior from a wrecked 2018 max platinum. After changing the seats and getting the interior back together, I now have an SRS light with the main code being u0154, no communication with the restraints and occupancy module. Along with this code, I have codes for all the seat belt buckles as well as the inflating middle row seat belts. The original seats didn't have wires coming from the buckles nor did it have the inflating seat belts. Does anyone know a possible fix to the problem before I take it to the dealership for diagnosis? Is it a possibility that they need to be calibrated? Or the fact the originally the car didn't have the occupancy sensors so it's not written in the ECU for those?

Left Coast Geek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
per my 2019 wiring diagrams, all the SRS stuff (seatbelts, airbags, etc) are connected to the Restraints Control Module (RCM), which is mounted on the floor under the center console. The RCM has CAN bus connections to the Module Control Network. There's also a 'battery energy control module B' (BECMB) located just left of the hvac controls behind the dashboard, this seems to provide power to the RCM, its also connected to the CAN bus. My guess is, assuming all the wiring is good, the RCM needs to be coded for your vehicle, no I don't know how to do this on a Ford.