2021 XLT Mom Expy wheels: sizes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JessOTR

Reaction score
2021 black XLT that I've blacked the grill on.

When we bought it, we agreed we wanted some custom wheels when it needed tires. That time is now. We aren't going off-road. No lift. No big tires. I'm a not-cool mom and just want black. I found some on Tire Rack I like but I'm not savvy about sizing and offset and whatever. My wheels are 20" and apparent +44mm offset. The wheels I like are +18mm and Tire Rack gives me a warning that says:

"Aggressive fitment. May require suspsion(their typo. Not mine) lift and/or fender modifications for proper fitment."

From what I've read, it wouldn't make my wheels stick out that much, but I don't want them rubbing or something. Help a girl out. Would this significantly change anything other than how it looks?

Last edited:

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2021 black XLT that I've blacked the grill on.

When we bought it, we agreed we wanted some custom wheels when it needed tires. That time is now. We aren't going off-road. No lift. No big tires. I'm a not-cool mom and just want black. I found some on Tire Rack I like but I'm not savvy about sizing and offset and whatever. My wheels are 20" and apparent +44mm offset. The wheels I like are +18mm and Tire Rack gives me a warning that says:

"Aggressive fitment. May require suspsion(their typo. Not mine) lift and/or fender modifications for proper fitment."

From what I've read, it wouldn't make my wheels stick out that much, but I don't want them rubbing or something. Help a girl out. Would this significantly change anything other than how it looks?

Different size wheels (and tires) than originally fitted can affect the speedometer, and ABS and stability control systems.

Stick with the original wheel size and tires.

Left Coast Geek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
18" with the same offset (8.5Jx18 ET44) and tire size (275/65-18) as a XLT that came with 18s will be fine, exact same OD as the 20's or 22's. I swapped the 22's on my 2019 for 18's pulled off a late model F150.

my 18's...
PXL_20230915_235955631-X2.jpg

one catch, F150s have slightly shorter rear stub axles than expeditions, I had to trim the stubs off mine to fit the center caps on the rear wheels

Attachments

• PXL_20230915_235955631-X4.jpg
    PXL_20230915_235955631-X4.jpg
    487.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited: