97 Expy overland build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97whitebeast

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a very well maintained 97 XLT Expedition, it was a fleet vehicle for a copper mine/smelter and I bought it off a buddy of mine who got a new F-150. Now, i've done a lot of work to this beast to make sure she can last for the adventures I have planned. Now, I need some insight on some upgrades that I would need. I want to be a rockcrawler/overland with the fold tent on top and the solid front axle with locked differentials and the best lift kit and suspension parts that I would need to make this thing solid, It's currently on 315/75R16 tires on it with a 2.5 inch body lift and a two inch suspension lift, I recently just upgraded the CV Axles but one boot already ripped after a few weeks. I'm looking for all opinions on this topic. As this will be the vehicle I travel the world with. It's currently running the stock 4.6L 2v VIN W and I replaced the head gaskets 1.5k miles ago along with doing a valve job and put shorty headers on the truck. It has two electric switch fans that blow on the AC condenser and aftermarket transmission cooler. That's pretty much all that's been done to the beast. I take it on camping trips and either use it to car camp or get to my "off-road camping adventures" this would be my first time doing something like this, so good part brands, vehicle upgrade recommendations and all are very much welcome!expy.jpgexpy2.jpg