99 EB 3rd row seat WONT stay up...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

20XLT01

Reaction score
I tried a search and couldn't find anything, I apologize ahead of time if I missed it. So I had an 01 XLT and the 3rd row seat had a center brace that lowered down and hooked into the floor which locked the 3rd row seat in an upright position. It got totaled and I now have a 99 EB and the 3rd row seat does not have this center brace or the locking apparatus in the floor. Needless to say under the slightest bit of acceleration it slams down into the floor and sounds like a bomb going off. I like having it tilted up so I can carry stuff in the back but the ignorance on Fords part (lack of locking brace my 01 had) leaves me having to leave the seat down all the time. Has anyone rigged up anything to hold their seat up? I cant possibly be the only one with this problem. Thanks all!!

hwy73

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Fold the back of the 3rd seat. Pull the center seatbelt strap between the cushions out toward the back of the truck. Rotate seat upward, toss extended seat belt strap over 2nd seat, buckle in 2nd seat center-position buckle to hold 3rd seat up. With that 3rd seat center belt extended to its max, it is just the correct length to reach.

Last edited:
OP
OP

20XLT01

Reaction score
Fold the back of the 3rd seat. Pull the center seatbelt strap between the cushions out toward the back of the truck. Rotate seat upward, toss extended seat belt strap over 2nd seat, buckle in 2nd seat center-position buckle to hold 3rd seat up. With that 3rd seat center belt extended to its max, it is just the correct length to reach.

Sweet, thanks. Ill try it tomorrow!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khwolf13