AC question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ben Hoffman

Reaction score
I am sure this has been addressed at some point. In the morning, in S. Florida, the ac is usually plenty cold. Mid-day when it is 95, it seems to not be able to keep up and blow cold. I have have recharged the system and it sits at about 38 PSI.

Any suggestions? There are no leaks upon a cursory inspection.

Thanks in advance

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Automotive AC systems are generally designed to lower the ambient air temp (outside) by 30 degrees. So when its 95 outside, you should expect the unit to produce air at 65. Now, if you stay in RECIRC mode, eventually the AC unit will cool the interior of the car, and that cooler air will be the input air to the system. Acting against you is the Sun. All day long, its shining through windows adding thermal energy to the interior (thats called "heat load". If the heat load is greater than the AC systems ability to remove it, it'll heat up inside the car. If the load and AC system are evenly matched, the temp stays the same. If the AC can remove more heat than is being added, it'll get cooler.

Try staying in recirc mode. Humidity also plays a big role...the less moisture in the air, the cooler it'll feel.

I'm guessing you have a dark interior?

Motorcity muscle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ben we are in South Florida and yesterday was very hot and humid. As Bob has stated put the a/c in recirc mode to help with cooling and humidity removal. My truck showed a indoor temperature of 124 degrees yesterday with the sunroof and rear side glass in the vent position. Heading north tomorrow and will not see this temp's for three months.

Ice Tech 66

Reaction score
i have been in the HVAC field for over 30 years and one thing that's always overlooked is air flow. check and clean the condenser and radiator weather they need it or not. also low suction pressure reading can caused by the evaporator being froze up. this can be caused by low charge. Just something to check. One other thing stoped up orfice can also cause low reading. Also one other thing that worth mentioning is change your cabin filter.

Last edited:

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think these don't ha
i have been in the HVAC field for over 30 years and one thing that's always overlooked is air flow. check and clean the condenser and radiator weather they need it or not. also low suction pressure reading can caused by the evaporator being froze up. this can be caused by low charge. Just something to check. One other thing stoped up orfice can also cause low reading.
I think these don't have the orifice valve.

Motorcity muscle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Try putting a thermometer in the A/C supply duct. See what temperature is in a.m., should be getting into high fifties to low sixties, depending on outdoor temp.