Air Horn Setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone put an actual air horn setup on their expy? Meaning air compressor, tank, and horns? If so what brand and how did you set it up meaning placement and all. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Anthony DeVor

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know - I am looking to do an air horn setup like from hornblasters.

OP
OP
Anthony DeVor

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No - set idiot drivers straight and keep them in THEIR lane moreso but then yea the occasional horn scare

OP
OP
Anthony DeVor

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
True but it keeps them out of my lane and out of the way

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
On one truck I had a Grover compressor, which is what's used on many fire trucks. It's the real deal, very nice stuff that's American made and pretty pricey. Its crankcase is oil filled and it lasts. I found it on ebay.

I had it piped to a wonderful and haunting Nathan K5H horn a locomotive. You can imagine where that came from. Nice setup with a manual valve that could throttle the air.

There's a lot of Chinese garbage out there. You get what you pay for. Either pay a small fortune for real stuff or find it very used for still a high price or buy cheap crap.

On a first generation Expedition, the pump was under the hood and the trumpets were separated behind the bumper. The tank was on the frame rail.

Really a beautiful note. You could really hear it for miles.

OP
OP
Anthony DeVor

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On one truck I had a Grover compressor, which is what's used on many fire trucks. It's the real deal, very nice stuff that's American made and pretty pricey. Its crankcase is oil filled and it lasts. I found it on ebay.

I had it piped to a wonderful and haunting Nathan K5H horn a locomotive. You can imagine where that came from. Nice setup with a manual valve that could throttle the air.

There's a lot of Chinese garbage out there. You get what you pay for. Either pay a small fortune for real stuff or find it very used for still a high price or buy cheap crap.

On a first generation Expedition, the pump was under the hood and the trumpets were separated behind the bumper. The tank was on the frame rail.

Really a beautiful note. You could really hear it for miles.

Do you happen to have any pics from your setup? I can only imagine how loud it was

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Don't have any pictures. A lot of work if you use copper tubing but simple stuff. I just found that the cheap junk out there is full of flaws. The backs blow off the plastic trumpets, the $2 relays fail and run down your battery. Chinese pumps throw their rods or explode. Just junk to keep the price down.