Another GOTTS mod.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daytoman

Reaction score
Hello all...new guy here. I've got a 2004 EB 4x4 with 114K on the clock.

Well, I found this forum today and have been lurking around. I read about the GOTTS mod and decided to run out and do it. $12 and 45 mins later...Voila! Its done. Seems like most everyone likes this mod, esp for the money :)

I've got the neg cable unhooked for the rest of the night as I just switched back to non-ethanol last week...couldnt hurt to let the computer reset right?

I put a 40 series Flowmaster on a few months back...the original muffler finally bit the dust so I thought it would be a great time to have it replaced with a higher flowing muffler (sounds awesome). I hope the GOTTS mod works well with it.

Right now I get around 15 to 16 MPG per tank. I drive about 60% highway during the week. I'll be interested if that changes, I'll also be interested to what the seat of the pants dyno reads tomorrow.
I'll chime back in with my feedback.

Next up...electric fans.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Daytoman

Reaction score
OK, We spent most of the day out running around. I definately like the mod. This is my daily driver, I spend alot of time in this truck. I know how it runs and feels. My seat of the pants dyno detected some gains. Not huge, as expected, but it has more pep, and better throttle response. I also noticed it pulled better and stronger when merging onto the highway.

I filled it up this morning and started the MPG computer at 0.00. I'm not sure how many miles we drove today but it was a good amount, probably 70% highway 30% stop and go. I ended up with 15.8 MPG..almost 15.9 but it went back down to 15.8 once I pulled into the neighborhood.

With the amount of driving and kind of driving we did today, I would say thats a slight gain in MPG..
I'll know better once I run through this tank and get back to my regular daily driving.

All in all...so far... It was a well spent $12 and 45 mins worth of my time. Good mod.

Thanks!

Last edited:

98EXPY 5-0

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You also have to take into consideration that when you turn on the Butt Dyno, your MPG will drop a bit. Once you turn that off, you'll see what you are really getting.

OP
OP
D

Daytoman

Reaction score
Sorry about the delay getting back to this.

After the first full week of driving, I was sitting at 16.4 MPG as of Christmas Eve. I've never got MPG that high for a full week of driving since I've owned the truck and the little extra pep is a nice bonus.
FWIW, The milage dropped to 16.2 after all the holiday driving on Christmas Day.

All-in-all, a mod well done for the $$.

stock04eb

Reaction score
Got a question for you Daytoman. I have an 04 EB also and was contemplating the same mod. Did you totally cut the silencer(big plastic bubble off to the side) out of the equation? Just wondering before I do this.

Sierra Lima1470

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got a question for you Daytoman. I have an 04 EB also and was contemplating the same mod. Did you totally cut the silencer(big plastic bubble off to the side) out of the equation? Just wondering before I do this.

I did. After I shoved the pvc pipe into the fender hole I started to put the coupler on and realized i couldn't fit both the silencer joint and the coupler into that space...SO I just ended up taking it off. In the picture you can see that the joint where the silencer comes into the main tube pulls apart from the air filter housing so I just took that off and fitted the rubber coupler onto the filter housing.

I'm not entirely sure what the silencer does since it didn't get any noisier. I've had it that way for almost a month now and no problem.

Attachments

• CIMG0232.jpg
    CIMG0232.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 779

stock04eb

Reaction score
Thanks for the pic, that's exactly what it looks like. Just wasn't sure what to do. Going to do the mod this weekend, hopefully it will go well, will try to get some pics to show.

Sierra Lima1470

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the pic, that's exactly what it looks like. Just wasn't sure what to do. Going to do the mod this weekend, hopefully it will go well, will try to get some pics to show.

Good luck! It took me a lot longer than expected. Sanding the PVC pipe down took FOREVER and I used a a bench sander. I think my mistake was that I got a thick walled one thinking it would be stronger but I wasn't thinking. Because After I was done sanding the whole thing down parts of it was as thin as paper...and it still barely fit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khwolf13