Audio Issues 2022 EXP Carplay / iPhone Unlock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jhi979s

Reaction score
2022 Ford Expedition Limited Max

There have been similar threads about CarPlay issues, but haven't seen this one addressed yet. Whenever I have Carplay connected, whenever I go to unlock my phone (when it recognizes my face), the audio switches to "voice" audio from surround and the A/C fans lower down as if you're in a call. Sometimes it'll switch back to surround when the screen is closed, but sometimes it won't. At those times when it won't switch back, not even resetting Carplay helps.

I've gone through all my iPhone settings (running iOS 18.6) for Carplay, Awakening, etc, and I've turned everything off I can think of on the phone, but it keeps happening.

Music is my therapy when I'm driving and this is driving me nuts!

Anyone that can help?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
2022 Ford Expedition Limited Max

There have been similar threads about CarPlay issues, but haven't seen this one addressed yet. Whenever I have Carplay connected, whenever I go to unlock my phone (when it recognizes my face), the audio switches to "voice" audio from surround and the A/C fans lower down as if you're in a call. Sometimes it'll switch back to surround when the screen is closed, but sometimes it won't. At those times when it won't switch back, not even resetting Carplay helps.

I've gone through all my iPhone settings (running iOS 18.6) for Carplay, Awakening, etc, and I've turned everything off I can think of on the phone, but it keeps happening.

Music is my therapy when I'm driving and this is driving me nuts!

Anyone that can help?
There is no iOS 18.6. Newest you could possibly be on is 18.1, and that is only on a 15 or 15 Pro with the 18.1 Developer Beta.

Most Current should be 17.6.1 if you aren't running a Beta.

As far as the Voice engaging. It sounds like you are holding the button or in some way engaging Siri. That will make the car react like you are on a call, because Siri activates the mic so you can give a command or ask a question. Are you touching the phone when you are unlocking it? Are you holding the side button? What model iPhone do you indeed have?