BlueCruise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2024 Navigator loaner with Bluecruise. I have not driven it on the interstate yet. I have used the adaptive cruise on other 4 lane roads. I find the device that monitors your eye movement does not work well. It says my eyes are not on the road when in fact they are. It is better if I adjust the steering wheel position, but not great. Is there any way to adjust the eye movement monitor or its sensitivity?

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2024 Navigator loaner with Bluecruise. I have not driven it on the interstate yet. I have used the adaptive cruise on other 4 lane roads. I find the device that monitors your eye movement does not work well. It says my eyes are not on the road when in fact they are. It is better if I adjust the steering wheel position, but not great. Is there any way to adjust the eye movement monitor or its sensitivity?
Are you wearing glasses?

LegalBrief

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You’re blocking the sensor with your hand position. Hands at 10 and 2.
@SyndicateZ some sunglasses also block sensor but I’d be it’s your hand position

OP
OP
L

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You’re blocking the sensor with your hand position. Hands at 10 and 2.
@SyndicateZ some sunglasses also block sensor but I’d be it’s your hand position
I will watch my hand position tomorrow. Raising the steering wheel helps. I like driving with it lower.

Wayfun

Reaction score
I have no problem with glasses. If you are not on interstates or limited access highways, you are most likely not on a mapped road where bluecruise will work.

nationalgallery

Full Access Members
Reaction score
BluecCruise is not affected by glasses or sunglasses. I've circled the 2 cameras; regardless of where on the steering wheel my hands are that's never caused an interference.

When I first started using BluecCruise it was driving me crazy: I would be staring dead ahead at the car in front of me and it would give me 'watch the road' warnings and then disengage. Eventually I discovered that you have to be moving you gaze as you drive: if I occasionally get the 'watch the road' warning I just glance slightly to the side and the warning immediately goes away.

Attachments

• 2022-ford-expedition cameras.jpg
    2022-ford-expedition cameras.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 13
OP
OP
L

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
BluecCruise is not affected by glasses or sunglasses. I've circled the 2 cameras; regardless of where on the steering wheel my hands are that's never caused an interference.

When I first started using BluecCruise it was driving me crazy: I would be staring dead ahead at the car in front of me and it would give me 'watch the road' warnings and then disengage. Eventually I discovered that you have to be moving you gaze as you drive: if I occasionally get the 'watch the road' warning I just glance slightly to the side and the warning immediately goes away.
That is interesting. I think the cameras on the Navigator are on the top of the steering column. Blue cruise works well, aside from the watch the road warnings.