Bulb Size Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Explor2Exped

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought some blue 168NB blue bulbs for the dash & stepping lights. ( The lights that are on the thing ya step on to get into the truck)

Will this size fit those step lights & the dash?

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I belive so... the 168 is just a smaller 194 which is what fits in the step lights but i think they will work

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Explorer, keep in mind that blue bulbs are not going to appear as bright for the same wattage as a pure white light bulb. So, yes, you are going to loose a little bit of overall light intensity by going to a blue bulb. If you need the higher intensity, you will need to go to a higher wattage blue bulb or switch back to white bulbs. If you go with a higher wattage bulb, make sure that the light housing and the wiring can handle the additional wattage as it will be more heat load on the plastic (would hate to see you melt the casing the bulb sits in) or possibly damage the wiring (higher wattage means higher current and wiring is only able to carry so much current before it turns into a heating element). If you need more help with this, let me know.