Can I put a 2009 Navigator Speedometer Cluster in a 2009 Expo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe m

Reaction score
Hi all,
I hate how I can't see the instrument gauges on my 2009 Expo... Who ever thought it was a good idea to put a red guage needle on a black background is Crazy..
Anyway, I was wondering if I could buy a used 2009 Navigator Spedo Cluster and Install it in my 2009 Expo.

Thanks for your time

whtbronco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There's a good chance the cluster would fit since they are so similar, but I'm sure it will need to be reprogrammed. To adjust the mileage if nothing else.

The part numbers are very close.
Lincoln: 9L7Z-10849-A
Expedition has 4 cluster options:
9L7Z-10849-RA With message center. Floor shift.
9L7Z-10849-NA Without message center. Floor shift.
9L7Z-10849-LA With message center. Column shift.
9L7Z-10849-JA Without message center. Column shift.

Here's another possible option:
https://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com/Gauges/US-Speedo-Color-Gauge-Face-Kit

I tend to be special, but I like the red needle and dark back ground. I prefer near no light in the interior, my dash lights are as dim as possible and little dimmer would be nice, so I can see outside. With much light inside my eyes don't adjust to see deer, other animals or people in low light areas like the road sides. Course my eyes adjusting to the darkness really causes problems with modern headlights.