Expedition 2007 XL Multiple Electrical Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Babadude

Reaction score
my ford expedition 2007 model has multiple electrical problems. First, it was a rainy day and the car refused to start due to the immobiliser being active, at the same time the ABS, Fuel guage, traction warnings came up and are no longer working, a mechanic changed the PCM, and now the car starts but the fuel guage is still not working and abs, traction control faults still present. Can anyone help?

BigOleFordFan

Reaction score
Probably some or all of the relays are failing, as they will cause all sorts of error codes being sent thru the system to the PCM...

A good round of electronics diagnostics should pinpoint the issues and tell you which relays are bad....

You can do this yourself if you have the right equipment, or you can take it to a shop that does this kind of work :)

I had some similar issues last year, which were only resolved by 3 trips to the dealer, who ended up replacing 5 of the relays...

OP
OP
B

Babadude

Reaction score
Thats great, I mean I took the car to a Ford Mechanic and he said the ABS control module was at fault and he took down the fuel tank to check the fuel sender and the wiring. He said the wiring and the sender were fine and he suspects the instrument cluster. I would have thought he checked the relays, could you give more guidance on that? maybe some links etc.

Also where can I get the wiring diagram for this model?

BigOleFordFan

Reaction score
I don't recall which specific relays were replaced, but they were all in the main fuse box under the hood..

It initially started with one going bad, then another, then 3 more, which finally fixed all the no-start issues, that was 6 months ago & I haven't had any issues since, fingers crossed :)....

I attached the fuse box layouts for my Expy that I found somewhere, but mine is a 2011 EL Limited, so yours may be a little different :)

Also, did the mechanic reprogram that replacement PCM or just stick it in there without the programming ? This could explain the things that are still not working correctly, as almost every module sends signals to/from/thru the PCM and all those systems won't work correctly unless the programming recognizes & enables them...

Attachments

• Ford fuse panels.pdf
    205.7 KB · Views: 1