Front Parking Assist Warning needs to go away.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MNnaloxone

Reaction score
Hey all-first timer here.

My 2012 Limited has issues with the Front Parking Assist warning beep going off at random times/situations. I'm getting tired of slapping the dash Reset button to shut it up (usually takes a few pushes to shut it up). I've looked though these and other forums, and this doesn't seem too uncommon.

As I don't really use the front park assist, I'd have no personal issue with doing a post factory deletion as the easy way to shut it up. I found some hints to the location in the 4th gen subforums (C pillar), but my and my wife's ears swear the wailing is coming from the front dash. I'd appreciate any hints on where the speaker is so I can clip it/fill it with foam/throw it down the driveway. Or, if you have a better idea, I'm more than grateful.

Thanks in advance!

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey all-first timer here.

My 2012 Limited has issues with the Front Parking Assist warning beep going off at random times/situations. I'm getting tired of slapping the dash Reset button to shut it up (usually takes a few pushes to shut it up). I've looked though these and other forums, and this doesn't seem too uncommon.

As I don't really use the front park assist, I'd have no personal issue with doing a post factory deletion as the easy way to shut it up. I found some hints to the location in the 4th gen subforums (C pillar), but my and my wife's ears swear the wailing is coming from the front dash. I'd appreciate any hints on where the speaker is so I can clip it/fill it with foam/throw it down the driveway. Or, if you have a better idea, I'm more than grateful.

Thanks in advance!

On my 2015 Expedition Limited, the front park assist warning sounds when I drive close to another Ford vehicle - such as stopping at a traffic light, someone changing lanes closely in front of my vehicle, driving and stopping alongside of my vehicle, etc.

Is this what you are experiencing? Or do you think there is a defect in the system?

OP
OP
M

MNnaloxone

Reaction score
I've read that, too. It doesn't matter what or if something else is around--seemingly random.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgoodemoot