Front Seat Not Moving Forward and Back or Reclining

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jump_and_drop

Reaction score
So I recently bought a high mileage 07 Expedition EL and have been having some issues with the seat. When I tried moving it, it would make a single click noise, but wouldn't move. The lumbar support worked and so did the heated and cooling on it too. So I tried replacing it. I got a seat from 08 Lincoln Navigator and it has the same issue. Does this sound like an issue with a fuse or wiring or something? I mean the seat has to be getting power for it to click. Or did I just get really unlucky buying another broken seat? Also, when I was checking on this here, I read something about a switch could be causing this, does that sound like the case for both seats?

jking2979

Reaction score
I bought an 07 EL EB with 118k. Seat would move in all directions except for up and down. I powered both of the motors with it removed and they worked. The side moulding on the seat was all sticky and so was the backside where the control is. Cleaned it all up and had continuity using the switch. It has been fine since.

OP
OP
J

jump_and_drop

Reaction score
Welp, not sure what to do now. When I tested another switch, it still clicked without moving. I'll have to check the seat moulding, but I doubt both of them would have that same issue. I want to run power directly to the motors, but I'm kind of nervous about the air bag lol.

ktjones1212

Reaction score
I had an issue with the driver seat not moving. My wife used to drive this vehicle; was the main driver. Years of Texas heat and then some cold. When I started driving it, the seat would just "click" when you tried to move it. I was suggested to give the electric motor some taps. Hammer and 1/2" extension - a few taps. Seat has been working since. KJ