Google sync issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My Google will not allow me to place calls or text through sync anymore it just says to access this feature you must download the latest Google update. I have the latest update and Verizon has been hopeless and Google is a waste any ideas?

Left Coast Geek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My Google will not allow me to place calls or text through sync anymore it just says to access this feature you must download the latest Google update. I have the latest update and Verizon has been hopeless and Google is a waste any ideas?

Your Google ____ will not allow calls ?

FWIW, both my wife's Pixel 8 Pro and my Pixel 6A work fine with both Android Auto and Bluetooth in the Expedition, phone calls and music streaming (and mapping via Android Auto). I'm running Android 14 with the July 5, 2024 security update. oops, here comes the August update :)

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
go to settings/apps and find the apps you are having issues with. clear data and cache. It should clear up

OP
OP
G

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I fixed it. 2 trips to Verizon and an hour long call they said I had the latest Google update. Guess what? They were wrong. A new Google update popped up on the phone and the issue was resolved. What a pain. Thanks for the input.