I need help figuring out DVD players in my new Expy!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gwen

Reaction score
I've been on the phone all morning with the dealership. I am buying a 2012 expy EL King Ranch edition. I've had trouble finding the color and options locally, but have found what I want in another state. I'm getting second row bucket seats and wanted headrest dvd players in both rows. My local dealers had no problem doing that. The people at the out of state dealership are telling me that I can't have that. They said they can install headrest dvd players for the 2nd row, but not the third. They said that I could have a pull down dvd player for the third row. Then it got really complicated and I was told if someone was watching a dvd on the pull down then the headrest dvd players could only watch the same movies and that it was possible to watch the same movie on all three, but that the headrest dvd players could only show different movies when the pull down dvd player was off. It was very confusing! The local dealership just told me that they couldn't sync up the four players to play the same movie, but the first two could and the second two could...I wa FINE with that. I've considered having someone else install the dvd players, but I'm worried about what they may do to my warranty.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
unless you have problems with your headrest it shouldnt do anything with the warranty...find a local reputable audio store and talk to them...you should be able to watch a movie on all screens as well as watch movies independantly on each headrest that has the built in dvd player...just a matter of hving a switch...your audio store will be able to do it...better yet...ask them who they will go through because all they do is hire an audio dealer to do installs...so find out who that is and talk tell them what you want and they should give you the real on it....it can be done