Intkey could not program

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

makenzie71

Reaction score
My 2011 came with only one key...so i bought another key and paid a locksmith to program the transponder, but couldn’t get the buttons working. I assumed the cheap ebay key i was using was bogus so i bought another key. While waiting for the new key to arrive i looked up the instructions to manually synchronize the keyless buttons with the truck and it works.

I figured i would just go ahead and program the third key and keep it in the drawer at home as a spare. After getting it cut, though, i get a intkey could not program message on the display. I turn the ignition on with one key, then quickly swap for the second key and t7rn the ignition on, but the message comes up when i throw the third key in and the the horn honks (rejects) if i try and go through t(e button program process. The really odd thing to me, though, is that even though the trcuks gives ghe “could not program” message the key still starts the truck.

Any advice tegarding this would be appreciated!

I am told there is a possibility that this is because you can only have four full access keys and that there may simply be too many in the system...and, honestly, i’m not a huge fan of knowing there’s at least one key out there for this truck that isn’t in my possession. Is there a way to erase previous keys without needing to involve a locksmith?