Is there anybody else who doesn't like the sound of the horn on Expeditions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It sounds ugly to me, even much worse than my dodge charger, no mention the Audi S4 I owned several years ago. Is there any aftermarket replacement? Thanks!

ib_jigged

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Don't honk it often, but it seems to get the message across!

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I didn't, so I ordered a replacement horn and what would you know, the "factory" horn was a single-tone horn whereas the replacement was a dual-tone horn. I expected the original horn to have broken and was surprised to see such a cheap product in a $77K vehicle. Now I have a horn that is much louder and actually sounds like a car horn and not a party horn.

OP
OP
H

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I didn't, so I ordered a replacement horn and what would you know, the "factory" horn was a single-tone horn whereas the replacement was a dual-tone horn. I expected the original horn to have broken and was surprised to see such a cheap product in a $77K vehicle. Now I have a horn that is much louder and actually sounds like a car horn and not a party horn.

Would you please let me know the horn model you purchased?

bryz_expy

Reaction score
Certain trims and certain years seem to get the double horns and some get the single wimpy horn.

I had the single horn and swapped to a dual that seems to fit the size of the Expedition.

Here is the Ford horns I used, plug and play on my 19. But I did reuse my bracket. It’s a PITA to get to unless you remove the front bumper and grill.

Ford Genuine 9L3Z-13832-A Horn... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FZMVO8U?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I watched a YouTube video on how to R&R the horn w/o the bumper cover/ grill removal by removing the cover in front of the radiator etc and working from above but swapping the horn out from below. I can't find the link now, but it is a two-person job.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khwolf13