Keyless entry door code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Ray

Reaction score
I bought my 2014 EL XLT King Ranch from a used car dealer and it they didn't have the original owner's manual or any of the code cards. I want to reset the door code but don't know the factory code or the previous owner's code. I went to the local Ford dealership and the parts guy said that a service tech would have to run a diagnostic to access the code. Knowing the per hour rate they charge this could get expensive. Does anyone know the factory code or where I can find it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought my 2014 EL XLT King Ranch from a used car dealer and it they didn't have the original owner's manual or any of the code cards. I want to reset the door code but don't know the factory code or the previous owner's code. I went to the local Ford dealership and the parts guy said that a service tech would have to run a diagnostic to access the code. Knowing the per hour rate they charge this could get expensive. Does anyone know the factory code or where I can find it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

There have been several posts on this forum with the same issue you have.

You may want to do a search and some reading as there have been posts on how to find the code printed on a label somewhere under the dash.

OP
OP
B

Big Ray

Reaction score
I've read some older posts and did what was suggested, but still no luck. Is it a 4 or 5 number code and are the any letters? The only 5 number code I could find was a date code, which I think is the build date.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've read some older posts and did what was suggested, but still no luck. Is it a 4 or 5 number code and are the any letters? The only 5 number code I could find was a date code, which I think is the build date.

The code is five numbers.

I’ve read (I think on this forum) that a Ford dealer can look in their OASIS report computer system and determine the original code, using your VIN.

Perhaps the part’s employee was misinformed?

James3336

Reaction score
The code is located on a module behind the passenger side kick panel. You must remove the step plate, loosen the door molding, then remove the kick panel. The code is located on the back of the module. You can access it by either using a small mirror to see behind the module or by loosening the module. The code is a 5 digit number. Hope this helps.

ZigZagFred

Reaction score
Hi, fellow Expys! There is a YouTube video showing how to determine your factory door code WITHOUT pulling off your trim panels and using a mirror. You will have to use BOTH of your key fobs placed in the recess under the cupholder in the center console. I couldn't find the video this morning, but I'm sure you can. It can be difficult to get those trim pieces back on so they look right.

I found the video! https://www.youtube.com/shorts/thk90OpHyfc

Last edited: