leaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tongwang1982

Reaction score
I have to add coolant every week on my 2014 exp 98k miles
Anyone know what is wrong?
Thanks

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_2495.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2495.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 20
  • thumbnail_IMG_2482.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2482.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 22
  • thumbnail_IMG_2470.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2470.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 18

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My response assumes that there is no obvious coolant smell inside the cabin.

Fill up the overflow tank, take the vehicle out on a short trip to get it fully warmed up. While fully warm, check under the water pump, that is common, if no sign there, start at the radiator and move carefully toward the back of the engine bay, following each hose and checking each connection point for signs of leakage.

If you still cant find anything, you might consider adding some dye which will make the leak more visible / obvious.

Logan97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's that gasket I circled, mine did the same thing, I believe it's called the coolant crossover pipe, you have to loosen the bolts on the intake manifold and then you can get that part up just enough to remove that gasket and replace it. It's a pack of 2 so you may want to replace the other side as well.
1000004338.jpg

Logan97

Full Access Members
Reaction score

BigOleFordFan

Reaction score
I would take a close look at that hose in the middle pic too (the one with the yellow stuff on top of the coil pack), as it looks like it could burst/crumble at any minute, even though it may or may not be leaking right now....

OP
OP
T

tongwang1982

Reaction score