Limited stealth versus limited suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordperfaddict

Reaction score
Hello,
Just have a few questions regarding the differences in a suspension? Is it just the springs that are stiffer on the stealth packages? Are the shocks the same? I know ride is not as good on non ccd trucks.
I have a 23 stealth Limited and I’m trying to formulate a plan to fix the harsh ride. I’m considering factory limited Springs if they are softer and combining them with nonlift bilsteins. I want to make sure I know the actual differences, if any, before I make moves. or maybe could I be happy with just swapping to limited non stealth set up

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The stealth does have a sport suspension set up, but I dnt know how much stiffer it is compared to the regular set up. Have you thought about adding 20in wheels? It would still be harsh but not as much.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello,
Just have a few questions regarding the differences in a suspension? Is it just the springs that are stiffer on the stealth packages? Are the shocks the same? I know ride is not as good on non ccd trucks.
I have a 23 stealth Limited and I’m trying to formulate a plan to fix the harsh ride. I’m considering factory limited Springs if they are softer and combining them with nonlift bilsteins. I want to make sure I know the actual differences, if any, before I make moves. or maybe could I be happy with just swapping to limited non stealth set up
Did you check your tire pressures? If it's not too high already, going to a tire with more sidewall might help.

OP
OP
F

fordperfaddict

Reaction score
I’ve considered all the details and have read up on all of the forum Suspension threads, but I am more specifically asking this question to learn about vehicle differences. There seems to me complaints about the stealth but the regular limiteds there is less information. I was thinking of attempting to get limited springs ontop of bilstein struts to get the “ultimate” non ccd comfort setup.
I’m surprised the info is not out there on how much stiffer the limited “sport” truck is then the regular limited

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Continuous Controlled Dampening (CCD) is totally computerized with sensors on all wheels and other locations. I don't know the mechanics of the technology, but it is clearly a huge advantage. It cannot be substituted by higher-quality shocks or struts. After over 150K miles on my 2017 Limited without CCD, the difference is huge with the new '23 Stealth. I really had no idea how much of a ride difference it made until now.

Joenomad

Reaction score
From my Expedition experience, the Stealth package is mostly cosmetic. It can come with the CCD sport tuned suspension, which my 2024 has and feels more controlled than my 2019 without it. They both have the ELSD rear differential. I researched the Stealth Performance Package, which has the HO engine, upgraded brakes and some other goodies. You could find one at a dealer, new or used and take it for a test drive to feel for yourself.