lug nut help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaxSoszko

Reaction score
i just ordered my new wheels today and i forgot to get the lug nuts with them so im going to go and find them at a auto part store but does anyone know what size i need?

Info greatly appreciated

Remo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your studs should be either 14mm x 2.0 in or 12mm x 1.75 mm.

The type (shape) of lug nut you need depends on the wheel. Your oem wheels use the flat washer style. Aftermarket wheels are all different. Most likely need a conical seat one, though. That seems to be most common.

Get some wheel locks, too. It is worth the extra dough to protect your new wheels.

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On my infiniti I had a set of kics on my 3 piece rims. They were very expensive but good luck getting them off. They had two different locks and on top of them they were sealed with a threaded cover that you had to take off with an allen wrench. Luckily I never had to change a tire on the side of the road. They were titanium so if wanted to cut them off, good luck

project_kics_gunmetalr40.jpg

FtLaudBlkGT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have these McGuard splined drive ones on my wheels are the stockers were too wide.. Unfortunately, not cheap either...

goodwinracing022002.jpg

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also have the mcguard.... love them... and used them on all my trucks.... just dont lose the key or the key #... then you will have fun removing them...

Remo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
this is true the old saying goes that locks only stop the honest person from stealing your stuff:shrug:

It certainly will slow them down though. And at the very least, it stops the lazy crooks. If someone wants to work that hard to steal them, they can have them, they earned 'em, lol.

OP
OP
MaxSoszko

MaxSoszko

Reaction score
thanks for the help guys i got the new wheels on and they look very very "sexy" is what people told me....I will post some new pics with them on the expedition