Moving from a 2010 EB Expy to a 2017 Limited Expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fasttimes

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After 6 months of trying to resolve an electrical issue I've thrown in the towel and have upgraded to a somewhat newer ride. My 2010 has an electrical gremlin that no one has figured out quite yet and the wife says even if (when) it's sorted out she not comfortable anymore towing our camper up mountains and what not with it. I relatively quickly found a replacement and have a deposit on a vehicle out of state that I'm going to get this weekend.

That being said, I have questions on what to expect in differences in ride and towing experience? I understand the V6 Eco might be a bit more peppy? This truck has the 3.73 gears so that should contribute to that umph as well? How will the 3.73 LSD be compared to the 3.31 the 2010 has when towing?

And regarding initial maintenance and the V8 versus the V6 turbos, anything I should do right off the bat other than the obvious? I'll probably put new plugs, clean the throttle body, and flush the tranny and radiator. But anything specific to the V6 Ecoboost? What's the opinion on the catch cans? Worth it, required? This truck will be towing a lot, so I want to treat the motor as good as possible.