New Member - 1st Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blaineball

Reaction score
I have been lurking around for a few weeks - since I decided to pull the trigger on a 97 Expedition I 've had my eye on. Well I got it last week and I am in love. It is a silver 97 XLT with the 5.4L, and just about all available options except leather and air-ride. I will post some pics later... been waiting for some sunshine.

The steering is touchy, but I am getting used to it... but the ride is so smooth. And I don't think there have been any modifications to the suspension, but I have yet to pull up to another vehicle, Exp or other, that is as tall. I even use the running board to get in. My wife about needs a step to get to the running board, but she is 5ft-nuthin :D .

Not big into mod, yet, but am interested in some custom headlights/tail lights and a bullet-hole type grill (ala GMC) if there is one available. I will also probably yank the factory system... I guess I am into mods.

mohs00

Reaction score
welcome to the site hope u enjoy your expo they are the best looking forward to see those pics

bv15325

Reaction score
welcome!!! noob here I have the same issue on my 97 also. I have to register it this week as I sold my 04 CVPI. From the times I have driven it on the back roads near my house I've noticed the steering is very sensitive. My only concern is how it will be on the highway. But like anything I guess you have to get used to it.

Ben

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khwolf13