Newbie from Collierville, TN - XLT 2019

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

feschmidhausler

Reaction score
Hey Y'all, I recently purchased a 2019 Expedition XLT and I'm coming from a 2020 Edge SEL. There are many pros and cons, but this car will be my family's primary car (2 kids, visitors from other cities/countries all the time, we needed the more oversized space). Some of the things I've noticed so far:

Pros:
- Room for everybody! We have two kiddos in car seats, and they take up plenty of space, but that is no longer a problem with the Expy. Also, this one comes with a bench seat, so we got an "extra" seat overall.
- Maintenance history... We bought our Edge from Hertz and it never failed or showed signs of bad maintenance, but this one has a long history of maintenance and its interior and exterior are almost impeccable.
- 3 zones AC.
- Warranty!? We bought from Cleveland Ford, which offered an unlimited powertrain warranty. That can save us some money in the future.
- Panoramic Sunroof... Remember that I mentioned the kids? They love the sunroof, especially when traveling.

Cons:
- Coming from the Edge SEL, we lost i) LED headlights, ii) Lane Assistance, iii) Ford Pass remote start (including start with Alexa voice command), iv) Auto high-beam, v) Heated seats, vi) Auto wipers, vii) blind spot monitoring, viii) Keyless doors lock/unlock.
- MPG would not be a con, if we consider the benefits, but as this is my wife's car the petrol bill tends to increase

Surprise Surprise:
- I thought that all Expeditions came with the motorized gate, but apparently, the XLTs didn't. Same thing for the keyless doors lock/unlock.
- There is a universal button for heated seats installed, I have no idea if that's working or not, will have to test (not in this summer, lol).
- Although the vehicle has an incredible maintenance history, they lost the engine cover somewhere and can't find it. I'll have to buy one.
- Cold start noises: Wastegate, Crank Shaft, Cat. Trying to understand which one it is, but that sucks.

We had this car for three days and drove 400 miles (we bought it in Chattanooga and drove until Collierville). It rides smoothly and solidly; I couldn't be happier with the purchase.

Attachments

• 2968226-1-revo.jpg
    2968226-1-revo.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 3